Lisa A. DeLorme
Lisa Delorme is a Senior, first-chair trial attorney with experience leading litigation, regulatory, administrative and advice matters, with particular emphasis in eminent domain, inverse condemnation, property damage and contract disputes.
- Eminent Domain
- Real Estate
- Property Disputes
- Commercial and Business Litigation
Stanford University, JD
- Editor and member of the Stanford Law and Policy Review; moot court competition quarterfinalist; clerkships at Carr & Ferrell, the Stanford General Counsel’s Office, and the Pro Bono Project.
University of California at Berkeley, MA, Sociology
State University of New York, Buffalo, BA, Sociology
Law Offices of Lisa DeLorme, Attorney, Redlands, California. October 2021- present.
- Represents private clients in a range of civil litigation matters, with particular emphasis in eminent domain, inverse condemnation, property damage and contract disputes.
- Contract motion drafting.
Southern California Edison Company, Rosemead, California. Senior Attorney, 2007-2021; Attorney, 2000-2007.
Assigned Areas: Commercial Litigation, Claims and General Litigation, Real Estate Transactions, Real Estate Litigation and Disputes, Renewable and Alternative Power Contracts.
- Served as a senior, first-chair trial attorney, trying litigated matters to verdict.
- Provided advice, counsel, and briefing to executives, managers and internal clients.
- Lead attorney and subject matter expert for eminent domain and public-entity real property acquisition matters.
- Lead eminent domain attorney on Edison’s Tehachapi Renewable Transmission Project (TRTP), the nation’s largest wind energy transmission project, built over a 173-mile corridor.
- Drafted and argued summary judgment and 12(b)(6) motions, demurrers and other dispositive motions.
- Took and defended depositions, prepared witnesses and employees for depositions.
- Conducted interviews and investigations, prepared employees for trial, as well as for CPUC and administrative investigations and hearings.
- Negotiated settlements and acted as a lead negotiator at mediation and settlement conferences.
- Represented the company in regulatory and administrative proceedings. Drafted regulatory filings and administrative law briefs.
- Developed and presented legal education seminars for clients, attorneys and judges.
- Reviewed and advised on proposed changes to federal and state legislation and regulations.
- Drafted and reviewed internal policies, and advised on company compliance with legislation, regulations and tariffs.
- Advised on transactional matters and drafted a variety of transactional documents including purchase and sale agreements, easements and encroachment agreements, power purchase amendments, contractor agreements, transmission and service agreements, as well as nondisclosure, settlement and indemnity agreements.
- Managed outside counsel. Developed strategy, direction, supervision and budget for outside counsel.
- Handled a large case load of litigation, regulatory and transactional matters in-house, in a wide range of subject matters, including real estate, eminent domain, procurement, service and commercial contracts, consumer credit and billing matters, power purchases, taxation and property damage.
- San Bernardino County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2020-present.
- San Bernardino County Bar Association, Arbitrator volunteer hearing attorney fee disputes, 2021- present.
- American Inns of Court, Joseph B. Campbell Chapter, San Bernardino, California. Chapter President, 2015-2016; Treasurer, 2013-2015; Member 2003-present.