Richard A. Fond
- Of Counsel
Richard Fond has been managing and trying complex civil cases for more than 40 years. Before joining Bergman Dacey Goldsmith in 2009, he spent 33 years with Simke, Chodos, and Sasaki and its predecessors. He has managed cases at the trial and appellate level in state, federal, and bankruptcy court, and before various arbitration tribunals. Through his diverse caseload, Richard has developed special expertise in commercial and real property litigation, legal and accounting malpractice, employment termination litigation, unfair competition and other business torts, partnership disputes, creditor’s rights and remedies, usury, and cases involving attachments, receiverships and injunctions. He is highly regarded as an expert at pleading cases, producing complaints and answers that have been drafted to carry out his client's litigation strategy.
Richard is admitted to practice in all courts in California, the United States District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, and American Bar Associations. He is also a charter member of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers and a member of the Orange County Jewish Bar Association. He has served as a Judge Pro Tem on the Los Angeles Municipal Court and as a member of the arbitration panel of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, arbitrating fee disputes between attorneys and their clients.
Richard has written extensively for the California Continuing Education of the Bar. He is the author of the “Judgments” chapter in the 1984 and 1995 editions of California Civil Procedure During Trial and the “Claim and Delivery” chapter in the 1977 edition of California Civil Procedure Before Trial.
Richard graduated with honors from the University of Southern California in 1969 and received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Southern California Law School in 1972. While at U.S.C. Law School, he was a member of the Southern California Law Review.
Areas of Practice
- Business Trial
- Business Litigation
- Complex/Class Action
- Eminent Domain
- Writs And Appeals
- California, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1975
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1973
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2012
- University of Southern California Law Center, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctor - 1972
- University of Southern California
- B.A. with Honors, 1969
- Author, “Judgments” chapter in the 1984 and 1995 editions of California Civil Procedure During Trial (C.E.B)
- Author, “Claim and Delivery” chapter in the 1977 edition of California Civil Procedure Before Trial (C.E.B)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Charter Member
Past Employment Positions
- Simke, Chodos, and Sasaki
- Los Angeles Municipal Court, Judge Pro Tem
Pro Bono Activities
- Orange County Jewish Bar Association, Member