Committed To Legal Excellence
At Every Stage of an Employment Dispute, We Have Effective Solutions.
As a full-service firm, BDG has attorneys with demonstrated in-depth expertise and experience in management-oriented labor and employment matters at every step of the process.
We have skilled attorneys who can assist a client from risk management (consultation regarding current situations that need immediate attention) to early resolution of disputes and issues.
Where litigation ensues, our skilled attorneys handle each stage of the litigation process, and regularly craft winning arguments to dispose of lawsuits early on. BDG attorneys have a history of obtaining (and defending on appeal) complex motions for summary judgment.
We also have seasoned trial attorneys who are skilled in persuasive presentation to triers of fact and have a demonstrated track record of success.
As for labor, BDG’s attorney pool includes attorneys who have handled labor negotiations, labor advice under the MMBA, litigating before PERB and in Superior Court when labor issues are appealed.
How We Can Assist You
At BDG, we provide personalized assistance including:
Prelitigation Counseling and Advice
We provide ongoing advice and counseling to our clients who we also represent in litigation in a variety of areas, including:
- Prevention of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Management of workplace violence issues
- Handling disability and leave rights
- Providing reasonable accommodations and engaging in the interactive process
- Managing drug testing and privacy rights
- Auditing worker classifications
- Assisting in reductions in force and layoffs
- Advice regarding complex wage & hour issues
We have performed internal investigations of alleged workplace misconduct as well as audits to ensure compliance with current employment laws and regulations. Helping our clients ensure compliance has helped avoid litigation.
Litigation and Employment Defense
We defend private and public sector employers in state and federal court in cases alleging:
- Violations of state and/or federal constitutional rights
- Violations of leave rights
- Wrongful termination
- Breach of contract
- Worker misclassification
- Violations of the Equal Pay Act
- Workplace violence
- Wage and hour violations
- Various tort claims
We have extensive experience handling designated complex class actions and have litigated many “cutting-edge” legal issues. We also have a long track record of successfully defending our clients’ victories on appeal.
Administrative Hearings and Complaints Filed with Outside Agencies
We represent public and private sector employers in administrative hearings or complaints filed with federal and state agencies including:
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- The Department of Industrial Relations
- The Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- The Employment Development Department
- The Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board
- The Public Employment Relations Board
- The Department of Labor
- The Office of Administrative Hearings
Get Our Experience On Your Side
We are committed to protecting employers’ rights. Call our firm at 310-470-6110 or contact our chair of Labor & Employment practice Michele Goldsmith at [email protected] to schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled lawyers. We have convenient locations in Los Angeles, Costa Mesa and Oxnard.