Protecting Family Interests Through Estate Planning
The attorneys in our estate planning department work closely with clients to identify and achieve their goals, from conserving and transferring family wealth to preserving family businesses, real estate and other assets, all while minimizing administrative costs and taxes. Our clients include individuals, families, businesses and fiduciaries, and our lawyers are regularly involved in planning and administering estates of all sizes.
Every family is different. That is why we provide our clients with personalized service to protect their best interests and meet their individual needs. Contact our Southern California firm today for a free consultation. We are always available to answer your questions.
Our Estate Planning Services
Estate planning techniques vary as the tax laws change. Drawing on the considerable tax expertise available in our firm, we closely monitor these changes and then tailor our clients’ estate plans with care, always keeping their particular goals in mind, using:
- Revocable living trusts
- Wills with testamentary trusts
- Optional marital deduction planning
- Personal residence trusts
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
- Gift and charitable giving programs, including the use of charitable lead and remainder trusts and private foundations
- Generation-skipping transfer tax planning techniques
- Estate valuation freezing plans
- Analysis of available discounts in valuing business assets
- Family general and limited partnerships and limited liability companies
- Noncommercial or private annuities, grantor-retained unitrusts and annuity trusts
- Retirement funding
- Durable powers of attorney and advance health care directives
The estate planning department also handles all aspects of estate and trust administration, including opportunities for “post-mortem” estate planning using disclaimers, asset allocation decisions, intra-family sales, tax elections and other techniques to achieve optimal tax results and implement family needs and goals.
Finally, we represent our clients in the administration of decedents’ (probate), conservatorships and guardianships, and we regularly advise individual and corporate fiduciaries on their fiduciary duties. When necessary, we also represent clients in audits, appeals and litigation with the Internal Revenue Service in estate and gift tax matters.
Contact Us For Trusted Guidance
Serving our clients’ needs is our priority. Schedule a free consultation with one of our knowledgeable lawyers by emailing our firm or calling 310-470-6110. We have offices conveniently located in Los Angeles, Oxnard and Costa Mesa.